Highlights (amounts in Canadian dollars, except otherwise noted)
- Record revenues from royalties and streams of $41.2 million (Q3 2019 – $33.9 million);
- Record cash flows from operating activities of $36.1 million (Q3 2019 – $28.3 million); $31.7 million before changes in non-cash working capital items (Q3 2019 – $25.1 million);
- Record cash operating margin1 of 96.4% from royalty and stream interests, generating $39.7 million in operating cash flow, in addition to a cash operating margin of $0.7 million from offtake interests;
- Earned 16,739 GEOs2 (Q3 2019 – 18,123 GEOs);
- Net earnings of $12.5 million, $0.08 per basic share (Q3 2019 – net loss of $45.9 million, $0.32 per basic share);
- Adjusted earnings3 of $17.5 million or $0.11 per basic share (Q3 2019 – $17.5 million, $0.12 per basic share);
- Cash on hand of $160.7 million and over $400.0 million further available under the credit facility as at September 30, 2020;
- Announced the spin-out of mining assets and certain equity positions through a reverse take-over transaction and the creation of a North American gold development company, Osisko Development Corp. (“Osisko Development”), which in conjunction completed a $100 million bought deal financing;
- The Canadian Malartic mine operators announced strong results from the drilling program at East Gouldie, which are expected to lead to a significant increase in the mineral resources estimate at year-end 2020. A preliminary economic assessment is also expected to be completed in early 2021, which may result in the start of mine shaft construction;
- Acquired the San Antonio gold project in Mexico for US$42 million, which will be spin-out to Osisko Development;
- Acquired an additional 15% ownership in a Canadian precious metal royalty portfolio, including royalties on the Island Gold and Lamaque mines;
- Announced that the Renard diamond mine, operated by Stornoway Diamonds Canada Inc., restarted operations in September 2020;
- Announced a strategic partnership with Regulus Resources Inc. (“Regulus”) whereby Regulus has agreed to grant Osisko an initial royalty and certain future royalty rights in exchange for an upfront cash payment of US$12.5 million ($16.6 million);
- Commercial production was declared by the operator of the Eagle Gold mine on July 1, 2020, on which the Company holds a 5% NSR royalty; and
- Declared a quarterly dividend of $0.05 per common share paid on October 15, 2020 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on September 30, 2020.
Sandeep Singh, President of Osisko commented on the activities of the third quarter of 2020: “We had a very strong third quarter with production rebounding well and other significant catalysts. The spin-out transaction announced on October 5th is an important strategic milestone for the Company. It greatly simplifies Osisko into a pure-play royalty and streaming company, while maintaining exposure to the company-making assets contributed to Osisko Development. Our cornerstone Canadian Malartic royalty continues to create significant value for our shareholders as the joint venture partnership makes significant strides towards an underground development decision. We anticipate a continued upward trend in GEO deliveries in the fourth quarter, and we believe that we are in excellent position to meet our forecast for the second half of 2020.”
Osisko’s guidance for the six months and the year ending December 31, 2020 is shown in the table below. For the full year 2020 guidance, actual results were used for the first semester and added to the forecast for the second semester of the year. For the outlook of the last 6 months of 2020, silver and cash royalties have been converted to GEOs using commodity prices of US$1,900 per ounce of gold, US$22 per ounce of silver and an exchange rate (US$/C$) of 1.33.
Q3 2020 Results Conference Call
Osisko will host a conference call on Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 10:00 am EST to review and discuss its third quarter 2020 results.
Those interested in participating in the conference call should dial in at 1-(877) 223-4471 (North American toll free), or 1-(647) 788-4922 (international). An operator will direct participants to the call.
The conference call replay will be available from 1:00 pm EST on November 10, 2020 until 11:59 pm EST on November 24, 2020 with the following dial in numbers: 1-(800) 585-8367 (North American toll free) or 1-(416) 621-4642, access code 4896403. The replay will also be available on our website at www.osiskogr.com.
About Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd
Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd is an intermediate precious metal royalty company focused on the Americas that commenced activities in June 2014. Osisko holds a North American focused portfolio of over 138 royalties, streams and precious metal offtakes. Osisko’s portfolio is anchored by its cornerstone asset, a 5% net smelter return royalty on the Canadian Malartic mine, which is the largest gold mine in Canada. Osisko also owns the Cariboo gold project in Canada as well as a portfolio of publicly held resource companies, including a 14.6% interest in Osisko Mining Inc., 17.8% interest in Osisko Metals Incorporated and an 18.3% interest in Falco Resources Ltd. On October 5, 2020, Osisko Gold Royalties
Ltd announced the spin-out of mining assets and the creation of Osisko Development Corp., a premier
North American gold development company. This transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2020.
Osisko’s head office is located at 1100 Avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal, Suite 300, Montréal, Québec, H3B 2S2.
Please find further information in the attachement.
This news release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements (together, "forward‑looking statements") within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities laws and the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements in this release, other than statements of historical fact, that address future events, developments or performance that Osisko expects to occur including management’s expectations regarding Osisko’s growth, results of operations, estimated future revenue, requirements for additional capital, production estimates, production costs and revenue, business prospects and opportunities are forward-looking statements. In addition, statements relating to gold equivalent ounces ("GEOs") are forward‑looking statements, as they involve implied assessment, based on certain estimates and assumptions, and no assurance can be given that the GEOs will be realized. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts and are generally, but not always, identified by the words "expects", "is expected" "plans", "anticipates", "believes", "intends", "estimates", "projects", "potential", "scheduled" and similar expressions or variations (including negative variations of such words and phrases), or may be identified by statements to the effect that certain actions, events or conditions "will", "would", "may", "could" or "should" occur including, without limitation, the performance of the assets of Osisko, that the conditions precedent to the spin-out of mining assets and the creation of Osisko Development Corp. will be met, that significant value will be created within the accelerator group of companies and Osisko’s ability to seize future opportunities. Although Osisko believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors and are not guarantees of future performance and actual results may accordingly differ materially from those in forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause the actual results deriving from Osisko’s royalties, streams and other interests to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include, without limitation: the uncertainties related to the COVID-19 impacts, the influence of political or economic factors including fluctuations in the prices of the commodities and in value of the Canadian dollar relative to the U.S. dollar, continued availability of capital and financing and general economic, market or business conditions; regulations and regulatory changes in national and local government, including permitting and licensing regimes and taxation policies; whether or not Osisko is determined to have “passive foreign investment company” (“PFIC”) status as defined in Section 1297 of the United States Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended; potential changes in Canadian tax treatments of offshore streams or other interests, litigation, title, permit or license disputes; risks and hazards associated with the business of exploring, development and mining on the properties in which Osisko holds a royalty, stream or other interest including, but not limited to development, permitting, infrastructure, operating or technical difficulties, unusual or unexpected geological and metallurgical conditions, slope failures or cave-ins, flooding and other natural disasters or civil unrest, rate, grade and timing of production differences from mineral resource estimates or production forecasts or other uninsured risks; risk related to business opportunities that become available to, or are pursued by Osisko and exercise of third party rights affecting proposed investments. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based upon assumptions management believes to be reasonable, including, without limitation: the ongoing operation of the properties in which Osisko holds a royalty, stream or other interest by the owners or operators of such properties in a manner consistent with past practice; the accuracy of public statements and disclosures made by the owners or operators of such underlying properties; no material adverse change in the market price of the commodities that underlie the asset portfolio; Osisko’s ongoing income and assets relating to the determination of its PFIC status, no material changes to existing tax treatments; no adverse development in respect of any significant property in which Osisko holds a royalty, stream or other interest; the accuracy of publicly disclosed expectations for the development of underlying properties that are not yet in production; and the absence of any other factors that could cause actions, events or results to differ from those anticipated, estimated or intended. However, there can be no assurance that forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Investors are cautioned that forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance. Osisko cannot assure investors that actual results will be consistent with these forward-looking statements and investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements due to the inherent uncertainty therein.
For additional information with respect to these and other factors and assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements made in this press release, see the section entitled "Risk Factors" in the most recent Annual Information Form of Osisko which is filed with the Canadian securities commissions and available electronically under Osisko’s issuer profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on EDGAR at www.sec.gov. The forward-looking information set forth herein reflects Osisko’s expectations as at the date of this press release and is subject to change after such date. Osisko disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, other than as required by law.
Swiss Resource Capital AG
Telefon: +41 (71) 354-8501
Telefax: +41 (71) 560-4271
Telefon: +41 (71) 3548501